We have just sent back our confirmation that we accept the baby (YES!) and now we will wait for a travel authorisation from the Chinese government. That typically comes in 4 - 6 weeks. Then we can travel to China a couple weeks after that. So if things go in a "typical" way, we will travel sometime in mid- or late July.
In the meantime, we will drive up to the Chinese embassy in Bern to get a visa, and we are debating whether we want any additional vaccines... Other than that all systems are go!



4 comments:
Congratulations!! What a little cutie!!
Julie
Mom to Naomi from Guizhou!
www.createdinchina.blogspot.com
I can water your plants while you're gone :) Remy
Any news on your TA yet? Lots ot do while we wait! Enjoy it while you can!
I am David Young's sister in law. I live in Colorado. We too are adopting from China. We are LID 9/29/06.
Congratulations to you!!! And courage for enduring the wait.
I went to school in Geneva -- Ecolint, class of 1988. We are actually coming to Geneva for a reunion June 25-29.
It is a small world.
Much love to you and your growing family.
Theresa Young
Post a Comment