Subtitle of this post: WHY I AM A LOUSY MOM
Well, I didn't know about these steps and I basically did not follow any of them. The result was that the night we arrived in Honolulu Eleni was up for 3 hours. She wanted to play, eat, sing, laugh. I finally put her in our bed because I was too tired to do anything else. As I was dozing off she began using my head as a "lucha libre" practice pad and nearly broke my jaw! I do believe the words "devil baby" were uttered. We finally put her back in her crib with the mesmerizing toy from her foster mother which plays Oh Susannah incessantly. Unsurprisingly, that put her to sleep.
The next morning (noon!) she woke up looking hung-over. I could not coax her to drink her milk so she got some sweet strawberry milk - whatever it takes!!! Look at this pitiful photo of her sucking down her milk! We went out a bit, but she looked tired and was cranky all day....
The good news is that the following night she slept all night. She is adjusting to Hawaii fast! Tomorrow we are off to the passport office to get her US passport as she is not supposed to continue traveling on her Chinese passport.



4 comments:
Aw! Baby jet lag is adorable! I wish mine looked like that.
Oh, please....you get a free pass of a year before you start to call yourself a lousy mom. Welcome back!!!! xoxox
Well, in my experience you can't make them do all those things you are supposed to do for jetlag if they don't want to do them! Especially girls--they have a mind of their own. So you are not a lousy mom, au contraire, you are a typical mom.
P.S. You could start calling her The Toddler Formerly Known As Hong Mei (TFKHM). Just a suggestion.
Post a Comment